Nimbin CDAT (Community Drug Action Team)
The Nimbin CDAT exists primarily to reduce drug-related harm by:
1. Improving the level, range and access to alcohol and other drugs services and treatments available to the community;
2. Preventing the initiation into harmful and hazardous drug use, especially by young people.
*Nimbin is defined for the purposes of CDAT as being the area enclosed within a 30km radius from the centre of the village.
1. To increase safe and healthy environments, both social and physical, which promote prevention and reduction of drug related harm;
2. To work collaboratively with other local agencies, services and community groups to address alcohol and other drug related problems in the community;
3. To work towards a more positive (and accurate) profile of Nimbin.
During 2015 a survey was conducted of people who use drugs in the community to inform the priorities and directions of the Nimbin CDAT.
Latest CDAT News
International Overdose Awareness Day - Nimbin 31st August 2017 Look out for Captain Competent and the CDAT team on 31st August, getting out and about town with Overdose information and CPR kits. Join us for a causal conversation in the blister at 1pm to discuss local strategies to prevent deaths from ODs in our community.
CDAT Toon's the whole series so far